Okay, I admit it. Greenola might not sound all the appetizing. I was skeptical, too. But this stuff is amazingly yummy. You just have to trust me and try this recipe. You’ll be so happy that you did. It has just the right hint of sweetness and the kale bits offer a great crunchy texture that keeps you coming back for more.
Did I mention Greenola is good for you? It doesn’t taste like a nutritious snack, but it is packed with protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and zinc, just to name a few. Take this one with you to school, work, on a hike for an sweet treat and nutritional boost! And, please, come back and tell me how you liked it!
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 chopped Mejool dates
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup gogi berries (I soaked mine for 10 minutes and then chopped)
- 3/4 almond slivers or chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (I don't melt mine, but you can)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix together with hands until all ingredients are well coated with honey and coconut oil.
- Spread mixture into single layer on parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes, stir, and bake 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in airtight container.